After Purchasing an Xfinity device, you must search for Xfinity.com/authorize on the search engine. Enter your activation code. To activate the Xfinity device and get high-speed internet services. To activate an Xfinity Gateway go to its official website that is X finity authorize and Explore best deals online for Internet, Video and Mobile services. Enjoy entertainment, stay connected, and get the service you need online.
Interfacing With Home Network
When your Gateway or modem encompasses a remote connection, connect your devices to your WIFI name and hidden key for your home network upon initialization. once you changed your Xfinity.com/authorize permit Gateway and kept identical configurations during actuation, you'll automatically reconnect your recently linked devices. visit the settings on your WIFI-enabled devices. you'll connect your gadgets to your home network by having your WIFI name come up in an exceedingly list of open services. Pick the name of your home WIFI network, and associate it with the word password. If y ou've m odified this after the actuation, make sure that the upgraded one you detected i s used .
How to activate Xfinity router from Xfinity.com/authorize?
- Connect Your Gateway
- Wait for Your Gateway or Modem to be Ready
- Gateway or modem may take up to 10 minutes to be able to activate.
- Establish a short-lived Internet Connection
- Connect through WIFI
- Look for the Network Name (SSID) and Password printed on the side, back or bottom of your Gateway or modem.
- The name may seem like Home-XXXX or XFSETUP-XXXX.
- Go to the WIFI settings on your WIFI-enabled device and choose the Network Name from the list of accessible networks.
- Enter the password when prompted.
- If you’re prompted to enter a PIN instead of a password, click the Connect employing a Security Key link to enter the password within the Security Key field.
- Activate Your Gateway or Modem
- Open an internet browser and visit www.Xfinity.com/authorize
- Follow the onscreen prompts to start activation. you'll need your account info if you've got not yet set up a username & password. Connect to Your Home Network
- After activation, connect your devices to your WIFI name and password for your home network, if your Gateway or modem supports a wireless connection.
- Connect your Internet, Voice and/or TV e quipment and turn it on.
- Go online to xfinity .com/ activate for easy step-by-step a ctivation instructions. If you're activating your Xfinity Mobile d evice , go to xfinitymobile.com/ activate .
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Long tap your network connection.
- Tap Modify network.
- Tap Advanced options.
- Switch the IPv4 settings to Static.
- Find your g ateway IP address listed next to G ateway .
Activate Your Equipment Online
Placement of Your Gateway or Modem
Place the Gateway or modem in an open area a way from exterior dividers, metal surfaces, microwaves or windows (don’t place them on the floor). prevent from cramped spaces a nd each one else can block the signal of the device.
What is my WIFI Gateway?
Do I need to connect coax cable for WIFI?
A coaxial cable is required to connect your modem/gateway to the Comcast network. Your WIFI devices a lso can receive other WIFI signals from other gateways/routers which you'd p ossibly be able to hook up with w ithout your own modem/gateway/router, during which case, no c oaxial cable is required.